CSO (Community Service Officer) Safe Walk Program
Students, staff and faculty wanting to have an escort by Safe Walk need only call the University Police at (920) 424-1212 or use the Mobile App found on Safe Walk’s website. The Safe Walk program is available every day of the week during evening and night hours.
Safe Walks will be provided anywhere inside the campus boundary and within a several block radius of campus. Please contact University Police with any questions regarding Safe Walk coverage areas.
Escorts are provided by uniformed Community Service Officers working in pairs. They are properly equipped, including a police radio, and are trained in Defensive Tactics.
There is no cost for the service. If you have any further questions, please contact the University Police at (920) 424-1212.
Many emergency phones are located throughout campus. These phones have a blue light on top of them and are a direct link to the University Police.
UWO Police Emergency #: (920) 424-1212
City of Oshkosh Police Emergency #: 911
- Always keep your car locked when driving and when parked.
- Avoid walking alone, especially if you are depressed, exhausted or intoxicated.
- If you think someone is following you, change your route, walk faster, slower or cross the street. If you sense danger, go to a well lighted public area.
- If you are ever approached or observe something suspicious, obtain a description of any person or vehicle involved, including license plate number. This information can be valuable for law enforcement purposes.
- Always carry a cellular phone with police as your number 1 speed dial choice.
- Consider carrying pepper spray and/or a personal alarm.
- Do not engage in conversation with unknown individuals, especially if threatening language or insults have been used.
- Leave your purse at home if possible. If you must carry one, hold it firmly, close to your body.